Welcome!

Hi... welcome to my blog!  I love reading.  I love writing.  And I love children!  So this is my new blog.  I'm really looking forward to sharing ideas and talking with others about raising readers and writers.  I taught first and second grade for 13 years and have served as the literacy coach in my elementary school for the past four.  I work with an amazing group of teachers who inspire me with their creativity and dedication and I spend the majority of my day trying to figure out why reading and writing are so hard for some children. The gift of literacy should be a realized dream for all our children and I'm driven to find ways to make it accessible to them.

I picked an overwhelming time of the year to begin a blog and I literally just started Christmas shopping today which, if you knew me, you'd realize is really out of character for my super-organized personality.  You may not hear back from me until after the new year, so have a really great holiday with your family and friends and enjoy every little minute of it!  Take care...

10 comments:

  1. Hey there. So happy to see you are using a blog to expand your teaching/learning abilities on the web. I see you have also put links to TPT and Pinterest...good idea. Best of luck spreading your talents and passion for literacy ideals!! I will put a link to your blog on FB for all my teacher friends to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I'm excited to read your blog. I always enjoy your creative ideas and engaging graphics--so this will be fun. If you feel like sharing a bit of literacy coaching and tips for the secondary teachers as well, we would love you forever:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world! Good luck and cannot wait to see what you come up with! :)

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees
    ventrellasara@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sara. We're still a little "Christmas Crazy" around here, but as soon as everything settles down, we'll get busy blogging. Happy new year! :)

      Delete
  4. Welcome to the blogging world!! You'll love it out here!! I found you through the Second Grade Nest. Please stop by and add your blog to my blogs I love page.

    ~Realistic
    http://realistic-teacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so new to "blogging," I don't know exactly what that means, but I'll find out. I'm still trying to figure out what "grab my button" means and how to do that. I understand that blogging is like journaling or keeping a diary (which I've always done), but the tech pieces are a lot different than paper and pencil. (I'm so old.) :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...