Halloween Science: Part 1



I LOVE science... my students do, too.  And Halloween science is the best because it's especially gooey and fun.  This investigation is a giant success every time... even the girls like it.  I never show them this picture before we do the investigation because I want them to be able to make a hypothesis about what will happen when we mix the ingredients together. This picture would totally spoil the fun surprise.

The directions for this investigation are in my Halloween Science pack. It includes:
• teacher prep notes
• student recording sheets
• anchor chart parts, showing step-by-step directions and photos
• a sheet explaining "How does that work?"


And anchor charts aren't just for reading and writing workshop.  We use them during science lessons, too.  I love how the photos help make the process clear and concrete for the children. 

Want to see a video of the pumpkin actually oozing?  Check out the first post on my Facebook Page.  It's crazy!  :) 


Do you have a favorite picture book about pumpkins that would be fun to read before or after this science lesson?  Leave your suggestions in the comments below.  :)

Have a great day!! 

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try these investigations! I love love love Teeny Tiny and The Little Old Lady Who is Not Afraid of Anything, (not really pumpkin books) but so good at this time of the year for 1st graders because of the patterned text with lots of "juicy" words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina... I love those books, too... and I love how you call the words "juicy" words. Have a really great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...