Book Talk: A Gift Idea

I wish I had a copy of this book so I could show you the pages, but I gave it away to a good friend last week... as a gift.  I found it (without intending to) at Barnes and Noble a few weeks ago and fell in love with it.  It made me think immediately of one of my friends who is going through a little bit of a "messy" time in life right now and, even though she's an adult, I thought the message would be touching.  If you know a child (or even a grown-up) who needs some encouraging and tender words, this book is perfect.

Here's the summary from Barnes and Noble's website:
In this interactive and engaging read-aloud, bestselling author and award-winning artist Patrick McDonnell creates a funny, engaging, and almost perfect story about embracing life's messes.
Little Louie's story keeps getting messed up, and he's not happy about it! What's the point of telling his tale if he can't tell it perfectly? But when he stops and takes a deep breath, he realizes that everything is actually just fine, and his story is a good one—imperfections and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...