Getting Organized



I'm not 100% sure why I'm "nesting" right now... maybe it's because the holidays are coming up.  There's something about a growing to-do list that makes me want to get organized.  This happens every year and even though I'm pretty organized to begin with (and have better things to do with my time), I still sucker myself into thinking my stuff could always be tidier.  

How boring is that?

But my math Pinterest board was driving me crazy!

When I was a Pinterest newbie, I started my math board with about seven pins. Now that there are more than 200 pins on that board, I can't find anything.  Well, not quickly I mean.  Yesterday, I was looking for a pin I knew I had... a cute bunch of kids who made a clock out of a hula hoop. So I'm scrolling, scrolling, scrolling (sounds like a song) until I finally find it on the bottom of the board.  

That is the opposite of organized.

What's a girl to do?  Well, if she's a little OCD (like me), she reorganizes. And that's exactly what I did... instead of doing something more important on my for-real to-do list.  If you follow my math Pinterest board and have hated it as much as I did, you'll be happy to know it looks a little more like sensible files now.

Ta-da!


The board that started it all is still there (upper left), but now there are boards specifically for:

• shapes
• number concepts
• terrific ten
• addition and subtraction
• the hundreds chart (or 120 chart)
• place value
• graphs and data
• time and money

Next up (and also NOT on my for-real to-do list)?  My science board!  :)

Happy teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...