Book Talk Tuesday: Mr. Hatch


There are a lot of good read-alouds for Valentine's Day, but this is one of my favorites.  It's called Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch by Eileen Spinelli.  Here's a summary of the story from Barnes & Noble:

One wintry day, a postman delivers a mysterious package with a big pink bow to a lonely man named Mr. Hatch.  "Somebody loves you," the note says.

"Somebody loves me!" Mr. Hatch sings as he dusts his living room.  "Somebody loves me!"  Mr. Hatch whistles as he does his errands in town.  "But who could that somebody be?" Mr. Hatch wonders.

After some time, Mr. Hatch discovers just who his secret admirer is and, in doing so, enjoys the biggest surprise of his life!

Do you have a favorite read-aloud for Valentine's Day?  Let us know in the comments below.

Happy teaching!  :)

2 comments:

  1. This is my favorite, too! It makes me teary! I love how the children empathize with Mr. Hatch and see how he changes throughout the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when kids really get into a book we're reading to them. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...