BUMP! An Engaging, Kinesthetic Tool for Learning


My sweet friend Cara Gingras, from Kindergarten Boom Boom, sent me this video of her children playing one of my sight word BUMP! games. These games are such a fun way to practice reading and math skills with primary children.  They're basically a set of electronic flash cards... with a kinesthetic twist.  Randomly placed throughout the slides are action words like wiggle, snap, and clap.  The children stay engaged in the activity because they're waiting for the action words to come up on the screen.  When it says STOMP, they stomp.  When it says WIGGLE, they wiggle.  :)    


As the teacher, you can circulate or join in on the fun because a student can advance the slides from your computer... and trust me, they LOVE to be chosen to do this.  They feel like the teacher!  

{These children are snapping as they see the word SNAP! come up on the screen.}

{In this picture, you can see one of Cara's student "being the teacher," as she controls the slides.}

If you'd like to try out this set in your own classroom, be one of the FIRST FIVE teachers to leave a comment below and I'll send it to you.  Don't forget to leave me your email address so I know where to send it!  :)


If your children like this activity, you can find more than a dozen more in my online store... there are several choices for literacy and math practice.  Just search for BUMP and take a look!


Happy teaching!  :)

9 comments:

  1. This looks so fun! I would love to try it.
    deccles@joink.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to try it! lynn.rubin23@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun!!!
    Angie.sharp81@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to try this with my first graders!! Thanks!
    cjames@cpsk12.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning everyone... thank you for your comments. Check your in-box later today for the BUMP file: "Let's Learn Lots of Words." Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrea, my kiddos love to play your Bump games! (And by the way I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new blog look!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just stumbled across your blog! So excited to explore all of your resources! This looks like such a great activity!! (just realized the excessive use of !, guess I am just excited)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...